Road Accidents

    Free Initial Consultation

    Speak to Our Experts on

    024 7655 5400


    Thousands of people are involved in road accidents every year. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident, you might be able to make a free claim for personal injury compensation. Accidents can range from modest to serious. You could obtain compensation for your injuries.

    Here at Ward & Rider we offer NO WIN NO FEE claims for individuals who’ve been injured through no fault of their own. These injuries can often cause serious financial problems through loss of earnings and medical treatment costs; not to mention the long-term impact of any health complications.

    Common accidents include:

    • Vehicles hitting the back of you
    • Vehicles colliding with the side of your vehicle
    • Hit and run accidents
    • Being knocked off your bike
    • Being knocked off your motorcycle
    • Being knocked over whilst crossing the road or walking along the pavement
    • Being injured whilst on a bus

    Try to follow the following advice, which will make it easier to prepare your free claim:

    • Report the matter to the police
    • Take the other party’s name, address and insurance details
    • Go to the hospital or to your general practitioner for medical treatment

    Frequently Asked Questions…

    What types of personal injury claims do you deal with?2022-08-24T15:29:28+01:00

    We can help with all types of claims including the following:

    • Accident at Work Claims
    • Road Accident Claims
    • Slip and Trip Claims
    • Spinal Injury Claims
    • Medical Negligence Claims
    • Head Injury Claims
    • Serious Injury Claims
    • Sports Injuries
    • Loss of Limbs
    • Accidents on Cruise Ships
    • Accidents on Airplanes
    • Accidents Abroad
    • Holiday Claims
    • Fatal Accident Claims
    • Defective Product Claims
    • Mesothelioma Claims
    • Motorbike Accident Claims
    • Industrial Deafness Claims
    • Criminal Injury Claims
    • Industrial Injury Claims
    • Repetitive Strain Injury Claims
    • Vibration White Finger Claims

    Read more about the most common types of claims we deal with, click here.

    How long do you have to make a personal injury claim?2022-08-24T15:31:56+01:00

    Generally speaking, if you’ve been injured in an accident or as a result of someone’s negligence, you can make a claim within 3 years from the date it occurred, or within 3 years of your date of knowledge; this is known as the ‘limitation period’. There are exceptions to this rule and sometimes shorter or longer limitation periods apply, so it is important that you speak to a personal injury lawyer without delay to ensure that you do not miss the limitation period.

    Should I file a Personal Injury Claim?2022-08-24T15:26:09+01:00

    If you’re unsure whether you should be seeking compensation as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault or as a result of someone’s negligence, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible; particularly if you have suffered physical and/or psychological injuries as a result. 

    Can you make a Claim for the Mental/Psychological Impact of an accident?2020-07-15T11:59:35+01:00

    When claiming for compensation as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault or as a result of someone’s negligence, as much emphasis is placed upon the psychological and mental effects as any physical injuries that you have suffered. These psychological symptoms can often include sleep deprivation, anxiety, depression, and change of personality. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should always notify your lawyer. 


    Feel free to call Ward & Rider Solicitors Coventry on 02476 555400 to talk to one of our expert solicitors or to book a consultation.