Accidents at work affect thousands of people every single year and are one of the highest contributors to personal injury in the UK. If you have been the victim of an accident at work through no fault of your own you are well within your rights to make a claim.
Our specialist personal injury team is on hand to provide expert legal advice if you are the victim of an accident at work and help you get the compensation you deserve.
There are a whole range of easily avoidable causes of accidents at work. The following are just a few of them:
- Defective or poorly maintained equipment
- Inadequate safety systems or precautions
- Poor or inadequate training or supervision
- Slips, trips and falls caused by hazards or liquids in walkways
- Slips, trips and falls caused by poor maintenance of work areas
- Injury from too much heavy lifting
- Incompetence of colleagues
Any of these accidents or many others can lead to serious injuries and long term health issues and it is your employer’s responsibility to ensure they don’t occur in your workplace. If an accident does occur there are a number of things you should do in order to give yourself the best chance of making a successful claim:
- Immediately report the accident to your employer and make an entry in the accident book
- Ask anyone who may have witnessed the accident for their contact details
- Visit your GP or go to hospital for treatment and record of the injuries you have sustained