Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the remortgage of your freehold property.
Below is a range of the fees that we may typically charge for a remortgage (all charges include VAT at 20%):
- Legal fees: £540 to £1,200* (depending upon the value/location of the property and the complexity of the case)
- Electronic money transfer fee: £36
- Estimated total: between a subtotal of £576 and £1,236
*Our fees above assume that:
- it is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including, for example, (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required (additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required)
These are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
You will have to pay:
- Freehold Office Copy Entries: £6.00
Example of fees:
Below is a specific example of a remortgage quotation for a freehold property with a mortgage of £200,000, and dealing with our Coventry office (all charges include applicable VAT at 20%):
|Freehold remortgage at:
|Telegraphic Transfer Fee
|Land Registry Title Deeds
The above is a specific example, quotes will vary between our offices.
- the legal fees for properties worth in excess of £1m are to be determined on a case by case basis and you will need to call our offices for a quotation
- we will always supply you with a quotation and agree a fee with you before commencing work
- if additional fees are to be charged details will be provided if and when they arise and we will agree any additional legal fees with you first