Trusted providers of legal services for over 70 years

Can I make a claim for an accident abroad?

Personal Injury

Make a No Win No Fee Accident Claim

Millions of us save up and look forward to going on holiday every year.

Unfortunately we can get injured as a result of accidents abroad. We do have protection through the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992. You can make an accident claim.

Common accidents, for which you might be able to make a personal injury claim, include:

  • Tripping or slipping due to a defective surface in your hotel
  • Tripping or slipping on liquid or debris on the floor of your hotel
  • Being electrocuted by faulty hotel equipment
  • Suffering from food poisoning


These are just a few examples of the kind of compensation claims that may result from accidents abroad. If you have been involved in an accident abroad, be sure to record as much information as possible, because this will help in preparing your no win no fee accident claim.

  • Do report the accident to your holiday representative
  • Do take photographs as appropriate
  • Do take contact details of potential witnesses

Similar questions:

How should Wills, Trusts, Estates or Inheritance Disputes be approached?
What does the Certainty Register do?
How is a Will made?

Still have questions?

One of our expert solicitors would be happy to provide answers. Get in touch with Ward & Rider Solicitors today to speak to us, or to book a consultation.