This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a highly respected and well established law firm. We are looking for an experienced Personal Injury Solicitor or Legal Executive to join our ever-expanding and forward-thinking Claimant Personal Injury team. The successful candidate will have a proven consistent billing history and experience of dealing with RTA, EL and PL matters.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a generous benefits package and bonus scheme.
We are a market leading Claimant Personal Injury law firm that was founded in 1948. We have a number of offices in the UK and our clients span the width of the country and abroad. Our clients are at the heart of what we do and this focus has been the secret to our continued success and expansion.
As well as Personal Injury, our team of lawyers also specialise in Conveyancing, Divorce & Family, Wills & Probate, and Clinical Negligence.
We are not a run-of-the-mill law firm. Our Personal Injury team contains some of the most talented and well respected lawyers in the sector and we have considerable experience of dealing with high-value work including multi-million pound claims and those involving brain injuries and catastrophic injuries. Our work has gained coverage in various media outlets. We have a reputation of achieving settlements for our clients far exceeding those of our competitors and we have a history of taking over claims from other large law firms.
By joining us, you will be at the forefront of the Personal Injury sector and will benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience we possess in this field.
Role and Responsibilities
Your role in the firm will predominantly consist of:
- Working alongside the existing Claimant Personal Injury team and managing your own caseload.
- Handling new and existing claims, including litigated matters.
- Travelling to meet clients and potential witnesses face-to-face.
- Attending Court hearings.
- Liaising with Barristers, medical experts, and other professionals to assist with each claim.
- Preparing and drafting documents, briefs, instructions, and schedules.
- Valuing claims and dealing with settlement negotiations.
Key Skills and Experience
You will be expected to possess the following:
- At least 3 years’ of experience in a similar role (in-house or private practice).
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
- A proven track record of dealing with high value claims and a strong billing history.
- Knowledge of Conditional Fee Agreements.
- Experience of dealing with pre-litigated and litigated claims.
- Knowledge of the MOJ portal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent professionalism and a proactive nature.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to effectively prioritise and time-manage workload/tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to produce work to a high standard.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good IT skills.
- Good client care skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
In the first instance please send CV and covering letter to our Manager of HR, Lin Claridge at our postal address or to: firstname.lastname@example.org