An exciting new role has arisen for the right candidate to join a highly respected and well established law firm. We are looking for a Paralegal to assist on high value personal injury claims worth in excess of £1 million. This role is an opportunity to join our ever-expanding and forward-thinking Claimant Personal Injury team. The successful candidate will ideally have at least a year’s personal injury paralegal experience.
This is a full time, permanent, role.
Salary dependent on experience, plus a generous benefits package and bonus scheme.
We are a market leading Claimant Personal Injury law firm that was founded in 1948. We have a number of offices in the UK and our clients span the width of the country and abroad. Our clients are at the heart of what we do and this focus has been the secret to our continued success and expansion.
As well as Personal Injury, our team of lawyers also specialise in Conveyancing, Divorce & Family, Wills & Probate, and Clinical Negligence.
We are not a run-of-the-mill law firm. Our Personal Injury team contains some of the most talented and well respected lawyers in the sector and we have considerable experience of dealing with high-value work including multi-million pound claims and those involving brain injuries and catastrophic injuries. Our work has gained coverage in various media outlets. We have a reputation of achieving settlements for our clients far exceeding those of our competitors and we have a history of taking over claims from other large law firms.
By joining us, you will be at the forefront of the Personal Injury sector and will benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience we possess in this field.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To undertake certain elements of fee earning work under the supervision of the joint Head of the Personal Injury Department, Huw Phillips.
- To convert new enquiries into clients for Huw Phillips, travel to see the clients to explain our CFA and undertake file opening procedure.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs. This may include some audio-typing.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the company’s and clients’ documentation and information, in line with the data protection rules.
- To achieve or assist in achieving agreed levels of billing and time recording.
- To comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with clients and colleagues.
- To assist with the management of all client work in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the company’s office manual.
- To ensure good working relationships with external organisations.
- To take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- In conjunction with the Company, to comply with the relevant training requirements in line with the Company’s training policy and to assist with in-house training as may be required.
- To be active in promoting the services of the company and its image and ethos.
- Other duties required within the spirit and scope of the post.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Legal background with either LLB or CILEX qualification.
- Have previous Paralegal experience.
- Ideally have experience of litigation/case management experience under supervision.
- Have excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and organise workload/tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships with clients.
- Computer keyboard skills.
In the first instance please send CV and covering letter to our Manager of HR, Lin Claridge at our postal address or to: email@example.com