We are looking for an experienced Clinical Negligence Solicitor or Legal Executive to join our ever-expanding and forward-thinking Claimant Personal Injury team. The successful candidate will have a proven consistent billing history and experience of dealing with Clinical Negligence matters.
This role offers a range of benefits:
- A generous bonus scheme 20% of fee income above your target
- Up to 2 working from home days per week
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays + 3 extra days at Christmas (the company closes for the week of Christmas) + Duvet Day on your Birthday = 35 days holiday
- Company sick pay
- Death in service scheme
- Free parking
Your role in the company will predominantly consist of:
- Working alongside the existing Claimant Personal Injury team and managing your own caseload.
- Handling new and existing clinical negligence claims, including litigated matters.
- Travelling to meet clients and potential witnesses face-to-face.
- Attending Court hearings.
- Liaising with Barristers, medical experts, and other professionals to assist with each claim.
- Preparing and drafting documents, briefs, instructions, and schedules.
- Valuing claims and dealing with settlement negotiations.
You will be expected to possess the following:
- At least 5 years’ of experience in a similar role (in-house or private practice).
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
- A proven track record of dealing with high value claims and a strong billing history.
- Experience of dealing with pre-litigated and litigated claims.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent client care skills.
Ward & Rider Solicitors is a progressive legal practice with over 80 staff members offering a full range of legal services. We have a team of expert lawyers and support staff who genuinely care about our clients and their affairs and who provide the highest levels of legal services. Ward & Rider was established in 1948 and was awarded the Law Society’s prestigious Lexcel Accreditation in 2004, which we are proud to have maintained to date for our quality legal services.
Job types: Full time, permanent
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum, depending on experience
In the first instance please send CV and covering letter to our Manager of HR, Lin Claridge at our postal address or to: firstname.lastname@example.org